State experts shared talking points, identified key lawmakers to contact, and highlighted ongoing advocacy activities across the state.
The webinar featured:
- Cathy Levine, Executive Director of UHCAN Ohio and Co-Chair of Ohio Consumers for Health Coverage
- Mark Davis, Co-Chair of Advocates for Ohio’s Future and President of the Ohio Provider Resource Association
- Julie DiRossi, Director of Policy and Public Affairs at the Ohio Association of Community Health Centers
- Teresa Lampl, Associate Director, the Ohio Council of Behavioral Health & Family Service Providers
Advocates highlighted the need to shift our advocacy efforts to Senate President Keith Faber and members of the Ohio Senate.
Take action today:
1. Make two phone calls:
- Call Senate President Keith Faber: (614) 466-7584
- Call your local Senator. (If you don’t know who your Senator is or his or her contact info, find out here.)
2. Tell them:
- Extending health care coverage to 275,000 low income and hard-working Ohioans is a good investment that supports Ohio’s economy, creates jobs, and builds strong communities with a healthy workforce. It supports families and invests in the health of all of our citizens – our neighbors, friends, parents, grandparents, and young people.
- Expanding Medicaid may not be the path forward you would have chosen, but it is the best option to move Ohio forward. For the health and competitiveness of all Ohioans, I urge your support in extending Medicaid to strengthen families and communities in Ohio.
3. Spread the word!
Encourage others to call and e-mail Senate President Keith Faber and your Senator.
Share resources with your State Senator:
- Share a fact sheet from your county. Find your county fact sheet here
Review the webinar recording and slides here:
- Watch the webinar (audio and video)