Passing a new state budget presents a big opportunity to advocate for Ohio’s families and communities. Over the next several months AOF and our partners will focus on helping Ohioans be safe in their homes, afford the basics, and find good jobs that ensure family stability.
Webinar speakers explained the budget process and how the budget will impact work supports, adult protective services, child welfare, Medicaid, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, and food insecurity in Ohio.
2 Steps to Advocate During the Budget
1. Open “Act Now” emails from AOF and take action. Your individual actions add up to a big impact in the state house.
2. Follow us on social media now and share our advocacy posts later. Help us get our message to new advocates.
• Follow us on Twitter: @advocates4OH
• Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/advocatesforohio
To learn more about the proposed budget bill, click the following links:
• The Governor’s Office of Health Transformation offers summaries of specific portions of the proposed budget bill.
• The Ohio Legislative Service Commission offers a detailed account and brief overview of the complete proposed budget bill.
View the slides